Sunday, August 9, 2009

Darn those Marshes!!!

August 9, 2009 Sunday

Heard from Brian today. The marshes are evil and must be destroyed....just kidding. But I think it might have crossed Brian's mind a time or two. The water levels are very low due to decreased rain over the last month or so thus making the marshes impossible to pass in some areas. In some areas there is hardly any water so he has to pull his kayak behind him or the marshes are so thick it is impossible to paddle through. Did I mention the water is freezing? Did I also mention it is cooler than normal up there this year? Due to this, he did not make as much headway as he planned. So he decided it would be much safer (and thus in my mind the wisest decision!! Don't want to add hypothermia to my list of worries!!!) to call a tow truck to come pick the kayak up and take him past this area of marsh lands. The tow truck is scheduled to pick him up tomorrow morning. Hopefully he will continue to be in cell service area to be able to tell me how it goes tomorrow!!

1 comment:

annie said...

well...I hope he aleast sits in the kayak and paddles while it's being towed.