Thursday, August 6, 2009

Not quite on the river....but close!

August 6, 2009 (Also Brian's Birthday!)

Brian, his dad and his dad's friend finally made the 12 hour drive from Quincy, Illinois (where Brian's parents live) to Park Rapids MN which is known as the Gateway to the Mississippi River Head waters at Itasca State Park. They got a hotel for tonight. You will never guess what it is called! "Come on In" Promise, not making that up!!! The plan is to get up early and Brian's dad and his friend will drop Brian off at Lake Itasca State Park. Brian will hang out there for the day taking pictures, etc for his book and hopefully turn in early so he will be well rested for his first BIG day on the 'SIP. He will need the rest because it has been a long travel from big state of Texas way up to Minnesota. Of course not as big as the long "trek" ahead of him!!

Anyway I was so busy listening to all that had happen during the day (bad restaurant...twice!), that I completely forgot to tell him happy birthday!! I know-I am the worst wife ever! Of course as soon as I hung up I realized what I had did. So I called him back and told him. He said he had not thought about it since early this morning!!

No comments: